Friday, March 22, 2013

I've been a little AWOL

Sorry for no recent posts. With my promotion at work added responsibilities came with it. I've been so busy at work that I'm pretty much wiped by the time I get home. My brain just doesn't want to work much after I'm home.

There have been many days where I've taken naps after work and Dharm has woken me up when she got home from work. On those days I didn't touch the computer and spent the evenings with her.

On top of that, I have been in a bit of a WoW funk and haven't really wanted to log in. Which kind of makes me feel bad/guilty...for two reasons.

Reason 1:

A week before 5.2 hit a few of my guildies helped me get the last few ilvl points I needed to run LFR with them. A few of them made me some ilvl 476 pieces and one guildie made me an ilvl 496 piece.

I ran LFR with them once and once on my own...and that was it. And that is what makes me feel bad/guilty. They used up some pretty expensive materials to craft me that gear and I've gotten very little use out of it.

When 5.2 dropped we were all busy checking out all the new goodies. We didn't do LFR that week. Then, the week after I was still fiddling with all the new stuff...so, no LFR for me again. I pretty much overwhelmed myself with all the new stuff there is to do...and on so many alts that I need to/should do it all on.

To add insult to injury, I finished off leveling my 6th toon (my Horde DK) and started running scenarios, heroics and a few of the world bosses to start getting him geared up.

Needless to say, I'm a bit burned out and need a break.

Reason 2:

Someone I know in WoW started doing a Saturday night event of running old content in 10 man mode. When they asked me if I'd like to be a part of it I was all like (in my best Curley immitation) "Sointenly!".

I missed out on the first run because I messed up the starting time in my head and logged in late. They filled my spot and didn't have the heart to kick the person who filled in...which is all fine and dandy...I was late so the other person shouldn't be punished for it by being kicked.

Since then, I've been spending my new days off (Fri & Sat) with Dharm...which is something we haven't been able to since we first met. For the 11 years we have been together I've always had to work weekends. I either worked the 9p-5a shift, the 2p-10p shift, the 3p-11p shift or the 7a-3p shift on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Eventually, she might get sick of me spending so much time with her and tell me to go play on the computer. Which by then, hopefully, the Saturday night events will still be going on and I'll be able to participate. But until then I'll be spending my time with her and away from the computer.

But I feel kind of guilty about it because I told my WoW buddy that I'd do the Saturday night events with them...and haven't even done one with them.

I'm not sure how long I'll be away from WoW, and my blog, but if you have me on your battle.net friends list you may see me from time to time while I play a different game.

A few days ago I downloaded the free version of Starcraft II to check out and give me something else to play. I have been enjoying it immensely. I ended up buying it (both the original game and the new expansion) only one day after giving the free version a try.

What I really like about it is that it is similar to the MUCH outdated Command & Conquer games. I have the 'Ten Year Anniversary' edition of C&C and still play it often when I don't feel like WoW'n it up.

So, you may still see me around by way of battle.net friends list...but just not as much.

Try not to miss me too much in my absence.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment