Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tycertank's #WoWscreenshotaday - Days 18, 19 and 20

Here I am playing catch-up again. At least this time it's not entirely my fault. Three maintenance days in a row kind of threw a wrench in things.


Day 18: Magic

Not exactly Mickey Mouse


These MAGIC brooms have always reminded me of the movie Fantasia and the part where Mickey Mouse is the sorcerer's apprentice and he brings the brooms to life and they create all kinds of chaos. I was thrilled when Blizz put them in-game as a companion pet.

Here's a little bit of trivia for you. My broom's name is 'Yen Sid', which is the name of the wizard in the Sorcerer's Apprentice part of the movie. Originally this wizard had no name. His name is Disney spelled backwards. Also, the music for this part of the movie is called 'Sorcerer's Apprentice'.

I have to be honest though, these things are a pain in the rear to take screenshots of. I now understand all the problems Mickey had with them. They just do not want to cooperate.

I must have taken 20 or so screenshots before landing the perfect one. Most of the time they would zip right through me, directly in front of me, out of view or directly behind me.


Day 19: Feet

Feet visits Dalaran

Back in the early 90s I made a friend named Delaran. She is one of my dearest and closest friends. Back then, Del had a pet albino rat. His name was Feet. When I asked her, "Why that name?", she stated it was because when he was a baby his back feet were almost as long as he was. He was all feet.

I only felt it right to take Feet to Dalaran for his photo op.


Day 20: Peace


Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmm

Here we have Huanan and his companion, Heping (which is the English translation for the Chinese word for "peace"). I created Huanan specifically for this screenie because I wanted a Panda in the original starter gear. To me it is one of the few, if not the only, sets of clothing in game that gives a sense of PEACE and calmness.

No comments:

Post a Comment